Friday, April 25, 2008

My New Best Friend; or, Stupid Cute Puppy

Behind every good Southern man is a good woman … and a good dog. Right? Well, I've had the good wife. Now I've got the dog. I'm withholding the positive adjective for now.

Said wife brought home a puppy yesterday. We'd been threatening for years to get a dog, and now we're having to back up the talk, or something. We named him Rascal, in honor of a dog my family had when I was a kid.

The first night was kind of like having a new baby. He kept us up all night whining (we're keeping him in our bathroom). Of course, he's impossible to stay mad at, even though we've nicknamed him ID (Idiot Dog). Anyway, lacking a picture, I'll try to describe his cuteness.

He's very fuzzy, and his fur is a subtle black-and-brown mix, with white streaks down and around his snout and around the bottom of his neck. He has white paws. His rather short tail curls up over his back.

He rode in my car with me today. Propped his head up on my e-brake and dozed as I drove. After that, I'm afraid there's no getting rid of him.

Today's Redneck Moment: I thoroughly enjoyed having my – um, our – new dog ride in my car.

No comments: